Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Finance - Direct to Consumer - ESPN+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 646071BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 21, 2019
Job Summary:Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today with Disney’s majority ownership in BAMTECH Media, Disney Streaming Services has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for ESPN+ and the launch of Disney Plus
We are seeking a Director that will support the extremely successful launch of ESPN+ . He/She will be responsible for coordinating with the Data Analytics team, research team, operations teams to ensure that the daily content is appropriately marketed and product technology is available, the provisioning for the event/content is adequate, the paid marketing team has latest demand forecasts. This individual will also be a special projects resource for the GM of ESPN+ given the vast number of content opportunities that are available to analyze and add to the service
The subscriber goals for the service and potential geographical expansion require a candidate with great sports knowledge as well as an expertise in the DTC business model. The thought leadership around content gaps and timing of adding originals and levers of paid marketing etc require an analytical and experienced candidate in both sports fan behavior and DTC business models.
This role will be participating in the constant evolution of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting given the changing content, partnerships and platform expansion. Also, this role will interact with the various constituents at corporate, regional heads and ESPN domestic leadership.
- Establish, track, monitor and report ESPN+ KPIs
- Partner with the regional heads for the service as well as the customer acquisition teams both from the organic and performance marketing perspectives
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicate financial projections, drivers, business performance, content performance risks and opportunities to leadership
- Develop, enhance, and maintain financial planning models for the streaming service, content spend, technology spend and paid market spend
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with experience in DTC subscriber models
- Excellent modeling skills with a special talent to defend model assumptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
- Able to maintain both rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.