Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627046BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 08, 2019
Job Summary:DSS is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, the goal is to give global audiences the freedom to access Disney content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
DSS is seeking a Director of Finance to partner with the Direct to Consumer organization to launch Disney’s streaming service. This critical hire will be a key member of the DTC team and the trusted financial advisor for the upcoming launch of Disney+ The pace and cadence for change at DSS requires an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders and roll up your sleeves to support this important business.
- Prepare/review financial models to support marketing, customer acquisition and content
- Develop performance metrics for Disney+ with the team
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of Disney+ financial results, engagement KPIs and financial metrics
- Forecast monthly subscribers including split of organic/paid, conversion rates, churn and blended CPA
- Develop sensitivity analysis on subscriber forecasts by content drops
- Identify and communicate successful content sets via first stream data to inform scheduling
- Develop performance dashboards and analyze results of operations to identify areas of success and challenge which may justify additional resourcing to gain traction
- Perform scenario analysis on investments being considered to increase subscriber count and improve user experience
- Manage variable costs including guidance on provisioning of AWS spend for key content drops
- Analyze aspects of operations, structure, and spending patterns to help identify opportunities with the goal of maximizing operational efficiency
- Partner with Disney finance teams to improve general understanding of DTC KPIs
- Champion Disney culture of integrity, creativity, collaboration, diversity and innovation
- 15+ years Finance experience
- Meaningful DTC business model experience preferably within the digital streaming industry
- Excellence in customer acquisition modelling, decay curves and LTV calcs
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions.
- Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
- Knowledge of financial processes and financial systems including general FPA requirements
- Strong work ethic
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.