Director, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 815673BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 06, 2021
- Serve as a strategic business partner to DTG leaders on key organizational and people management areas. Lead all organization and HR initiatives in partnership with HR functional partners
- Develop and implement an HR roadmap that includes, but is not limited to: talent acquisition, organizational development, performance management, talent planning and career development, leadership development, employee communications, compensation and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and learning.
- Partner with the Director of Inclusion Strategies in designing and implementing DTG’s EDI strategy, including education and training of all employees.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to leaders on all organization, leadership, and human resources issues
- Create compelling talent strategies to attract and retain highly qualified diverse talent
- Leads the training/development strategies to close skill “gaps” between current and future skill sets and competencies.
- Analyze and interpret key metrics to measure the success of HR strategies
- Utilize workforce data and insights to tell compelling stories and influence leaders and partners to action
- Partner with DTG leaders to drive high performance teams and an engaged workforce
- Provide relevant and contemporary human resources services that can range from strategy to implementation to support at the transactional level
- Partner with Director of Labor Relations on all Union related topics
- 7+ years in increasingly responsible Human Resources or business leadership roles including direct involvement with senior business executives in high growth, entrepreneurial business environments
- Possesses both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” HR plan implementation experience
- Proven experience leading an effective, relevant HR team that delivers integrated business solutions, ideally in a creative environment; experience working in the Live Entertainment industry preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership capabilities
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
- Proven ability working in “the gray” and helping teams through uncertainty
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance
- Be willing to adjust style and approach to best meet the needs of a high touch, fast-paced, nimble, creative environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to the employment relationship, including in a union environment.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Demonstrate inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment that fulfills Disney Theatrical Group’s diversity and inclusion efforts (e.g., recognizing and interrupting micro-aggressions & biases, participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required etc.).
Additional Information:Leadership Principles:
- At Disney, we want leaders who lead so that people chose to follow.
- Captivate the Audience – Tell compelling stories. Disney leaders are authentic and connect with people through the power of story. They think globally with relentless customer focus. They maintain a clear vision for success in order to lead strategically and begin with the end in mind.
- Inspire Optimism – Motivate, develop and collaborate. Disney leaders consistently reinforce why success is possible. They build effective teams with strong relationships, maintain humility, invest in top talent and show appreciation. They demonstrate confidence, act decisively, expect excellence and drive results to realize shared success.
- Innovate with Courage – Invent our future, respect our past. Disney leaders set a tone of accountability while taking informed risks and using failures to learn. They are curious and inspire creativity. They identify disruptors, drive necessary change and seek to do the impossible while respecting Disney’s rich history, so that it’s iconic and newly created brands realize new heights.
- Act with Integrity and Inclusion – Do the right thing. Disney leaders are truthful, trustworthy, and reliable. They make a point to publicly appreciate differences and go out of their way to help others belong. Maintaining a respectful candor at all times, they proactively involve multiple perspectives when making critical decisions, act with sound judgment and treat everyone fairly to ensure Disney standards are upheld.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.