Director, Lifecycle MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 763100BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 10, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including Disney+ and the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Lifecycle Marketing is a cross-functional organization focused on driving engagement and retention for Disney+, ESPN+ and the Disney Bundle. The team is results-driven, data-informed and thoughtful. Members of the team identify opportunities, build programs and develop optimization loops across the subscriber lifecycle. Ideal candidates for Lifecycle Marketing, in addition to being a strong marketer, will possess a T-shaped skillset across product, analytics, and design.
The Director, Lifecycle Marketing will lead a talented team to improve engagement, retention, reduce churn and monetization of subscribers through all CRM functions including email, push notifications, in-app, and cross-promotion. The team will work alongside Product Marketing, Product, International Partner teams and Marketing Operations to increase subscriber engagement.
- Oversee, develop and manage content marketing campaigns across the subscriber lifecycle leveraging email, in-product, browser, logged-in and push messaging channels
- Own the creation and development of a unified content marketing calendar, messaging guidelines and quality control checks for ESPN+ and Disney+ lifecycle campaigns
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of exceptional marketers to ensure messaging is tailored to the respective audiences of ESPN+ and Disney+
- Be the point of contact for collaboration, insights sharing and global alignment with regional leads in APAC, EMEA and LATAM.
- Work closely with Martech, Analytics, and Operations to create processes, measurement and relationships to drive relevant and impactful messaging programs
- Collaborate and coalesce design, editorial and creative resources across The Walt Disney Company, that includes a close partnership with ESPN Marketing, Disney Theatrical Marketing, and teams within Disney Streaming Services while ensuring clear, concise messaging to subscribers
- Communicate wins and learnings across the organization. Message effectively with executives and external partners with quantifiable results of customer marketing campaigns, and return on effort
- Work with leadership to identify messaging priorities
- 8+ years of relevant marketing experience, developing multi-channel content strategies,
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working with CRM systems.
- Exceptional organizational skills and manage accountability well across multiple work streams
- Track record with scaled data systems, and synthesizing data for executive audiences
- Demonstrated success collaborating across a global organization, and partnering with people who are experts in their fields
- Track record of creating content marketing, customer campaigns that drive feature adoption and product usage
- Strong project management and timeline management skills
- Ownership mindset and ability to work independently
- Results-driven and self-starter
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and motivate, inspire and challenge a high-performing team to achieve that vision
- Familiarity with ExactTarget, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys, Iterable, Braze or Responsys a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.