Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Long Range Planning & BenchmarkingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696057BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
DSS Finance is seeking a director to migrate ownership of the existing long-range plans for Disney’s ESPN+ and Disney+ DTC services from strategy to operational teams. The long-range models are extremely dynamic as both internal and external factors change the scale and trajectory of the DTC landscape. This team will be responsible for updating these financial models based on the latest marketplace moves as well as internally driven growth initiatives. The team will coordinate closely with Burbank long-range planning teams
This small team will also be responsible for deep knowledge of variable costs and their drivers across the various Disney platforms. For example, Hulu and Disney+ may deploy AWS services differently for resiliency and personalization purposes. This will drive AWS variable costs differently. Understanding the drivers of variable costs differences is important to develop and deploy best of breed approaches appropriately. When consistent approaches are not deployed, this team should understand the business dynamics which call for alternative structures.
In addition, the consolidated understanding of key KPIs of DTC platforms is a responsibility of this team. This would include 1) granular understanding of content, brand and performance marketing spend 2) logic driving establishment of CPA targets 3) details driving the calculation of gross and net LTV methods 4) churn across all streaming platforms 5) test results which support price elasticity and other data points which business decisions were based on to maximize or optimize the levers of the service.
- Develop deep knowledge on all variable costs across D+, E+, Hulu, Hotstar and others
- Partner with the colleagues across Disney’s DTC services to gather information to develop centralized intelligence team on KPIs
- Provide key findings in monthly or quarterly business reports
- Keep abreast of industry news and competitor information
- Foundation in accounting/audit to enable self-service approach in benchmarking costs across Disney DTC services.
- Operational experience in DTC business in technology or finance teams
- Excellent modeling and analytical skills coupled with the ability to identify differences and their impact
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
- Able to maintain both rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Experience in streaming technology is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.