Director, Marketing (ABC News Live)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 735295BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
ABC News is an ambitious, mission-oriented team of journalists, technologists, and business specialists growing the marquee news brands within The Walt Disney Company. Reaching hundreds of millions of online news consumers each month, the digital group oversees multi-platform experiences for ABC News, FiveThirtyEight, and Good Morning America. The marketing team is responsible for growing the reach and deepening the engagement of the audience for these brands, with a particular focus on ABC News Live, the leading 24/7 streaming news and live event channel.
ABC News Digital is seeking a Director of Marketing to help design and execute the marketing strategy for ABC News Live. The Director will manage the department’s budget to drive viewer acquisition, leveraging paid, owned, and earned channels across linear, digital, and other media. This role will be responsible for leading a team, hiring and managing external partners, and creating marketing synergies across Disney. The Director will work closely with counterparts in editorial, audience development, analytics, product, and advertising sales.
The ideal candidate will be analytical, with an ability to translate data into insights and recommendations. Additionally, the Director must have experience managing outside agencies. This role will play a critical part in helping to lead the streaming future of news.
- Lead the marketing strategy for ABC News Live: Develop the marketing strategy for ABC News Live. Collaborate across with editorial teams, PR/comms, distribution partners, external marketing firm, and other key stakeholders to build awareness and viewership of the streaming channel.
- Manage external firm and paid marketing budgets: Hire and manage a marketing firm focused on paid campaigns for ABC News Live.
- Data-informed optimization of the marketing mix: Build a model for audience growth of ABC News Live that takes into account audience acquisition and retention data across various distribution endpoints to hone in on the most efficient growth levers for the streaming channel.
- Execute synergy campaigns: Leverage Disney’s unparalleled reach to promote the streaming channel across a breadth of linear and digital properties.
- Manage a team of high-performing marketers: Manage a seasoned team of marketing professionals and work hand-in-hand with other marketing teams at ABC News and across the Walt Disney Co.
- 8 -10+ years of marketing experience
- Proven leader with experience building and managing teams
- Experience hiring and managing external partners
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to build consensus
- Analytical mindset with the ability to derive insights and recommendations from data
- Strong presentation skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in shaping the future of news
Required EducationBA/BS required
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.