Director Marketing, ESPN Fantasy Sports/BettingApply NowApply Later Job ID 860738BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
- Managing ESPN’s fantasy sports and sports betting brands
- Creating the vision and executing marketing plans that support our fantasy and betting products
- Partnering closely with the fantasy product team to develop a 12-month marketing plan that drives players to our games and bettors to our sports betting initiatives
- Work closely with third parties to learn best practices for user acquisition and retention
- Creating a marketing plan that moves customers within the ESPN fantasy ecosystem
- Work with internal groups to educate and communicate our plans and campaigns
- Work closely with Communications team to align messaging and timing
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in media/ sports marketing
- 5+ years experience in digital media/sports marketing
- Experience working in the sports betting industry
- Passion for sports, fantasy sports and sports betting
- Avid consumer of media
- Interest in the changing landscape of sports media and gambling legislation countrywide
- Experience in social media marketing
- Experience in acquisition marketing
- Has led marketing projects that include but are not limited to:
- Category analysis
- Audience analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Launching of brands
- Comfortable analyzing data in collaboration with research and business development teams
- Experience working with ad agencies on creative development/production/approvals
- Excellent presentation skills—creating presentations, giving presentations—comfortable in front of an audience
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus on marketing
- Master’s in Business Administration, with a focus on marketing
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.