Already applied?View Dashboard
Director of Acquisition and RetentionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 682991BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jun. 19, 2019
Responsibilities:Inside the subscriptions segment is Marvel Unlimited (MU), the award winning digital comics subscription service providing instant access to over 25,000 Marvel comics including Spider-Man, The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, X-Men, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Deadpool and much more. We are looking for a head of customer acquisition and retention to help lead MU into its next phase of growth
- The ideal candidate is an experienced direct to consumer marketer with 8+ years of experience across paid, earned and owned channels within disruptive, fast-paced companies.
- They will have deep subscriber acquisition, retention experience, a brand/business strategy background complimented by strong marketing and technology skills as well as a creative mindset.
- The candidate has built and led cross-functional marketing teams that span a variety of growth marketing tactics, including driving subscribers from co-promotions, distribution partners, affiliate arrangements and community management.
- Specific experience managing overall spend and optimizing CAC, LTV and other KPIs for acquisition and retention
- Direct experience on the 2 largest acquisition ecosystems: Facebook & Google
- Prior experience building process, reporting, KPIs and team functions to support the above.
- The candidate ideally comes from a subscription commerce or content background from the Director level or higher.
- This individual is a strategic thinker who feels confident making analytical and creative decisions.
- Passionate about leading change in a rapidly evolving industry and has experience/knowledge of media/publishing industry
- Demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of advertising across online, digital video and TV space.
- Developing and executing ground-breaking campaigns that meet key success metrics is a key part of your background.
- Excellent creative thinking, writing and presentation skills, with a demonstrated track record of running a successful marketing operation.
- Relationship oriented with strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable with a variety of colleagues from senior leadership to junior contributors and an ability to work effectively across departments to drive for results.
- Results-oriented, proactive and a highly responsive individual with excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage several projects at once and work under pressure.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive thinker ability to thrive in a sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Content experience and a fan of Marvel is a plus.
- A rockstar with no ego. You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.