Director of Post Production & Motion GraphicsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 758868BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Mar. 20, 2020
- Directly lead and supervise a team of editors and motion graphics artists, providing clear and concise creative feedback, technical knowledge and techniques, and professional development.
- Oversee the creation a diverse range of creative assets such as series and live event graphics packages, ads and sponsor integration, social graphics, and thumbnails and other distribution materials.
- Collaborate with third party vendors to build and execute production plans for live stream events, such as red carpets and conventions. Oversee on-the-ground technical, transmission, crew, and media management operations, as well as “at-home” capture and edit tasks.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the assignments and daily workflow of the editing and graphics team to ensure timely, high quality delivery.
- Be able and willing to personally take on edit, design, and motion graphics projects as needed.
- Collaborate with the creative team on the development of new projects and proposals. Identify best in class examples, providing benchmarks and inspiration for new work.
- Establish and document workflows, creative standards, and processes as well as technical guidelines for the post production team. Collaborate with Director of Production and Director of Studio Operations on shooting, ingest, delivery, and archive workflows.
- Serve as liaison between third party production partners and Disney+ teams for episodic delivery and QC operations.
- Manage and evolve the creative style guide to ensure the highest quality standards, policies and procedures across all projects.
- Oversee department capital purchases and projects.
- Drive accountability by identifying issues that could adversely affect projects’ creative quality, delivery deadlines, or budgets. Generate tracking documents and output reports on an ongoing basis.
- Directly manage shared storage workspaces, project setup, asset management, network resources, and deliverables tracking. Maintain the team’s archive and content library, including project, shoot files, and related assets.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the entertainment industry, in a post production capacity.
- Minimum 3 years in a management role.
- Thoroughly proficient with Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Proven track record managing multiple fast-paced projects in a large organization.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Should be familiar with all aspects of post-production workflow including ingest, cataloging/archiving, story editing, compositing, color, audio, and motion graphics.
- Experience with shared storage and asset management workflows.
- Passion for the Marvel brand and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance its content.
- Portfolio or demo reel is required. A creative ability test may be requested.
Required EducationBA / BS Degree or relevant work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.