Director of Product Management, Distribution
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777880BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 23, 2021
Job Summary:As the Director of Product Management, Distribution, your job is to build and lead a new team of operational scaling experts within the Devices and Distribution product organization, with the mission to develop and execute a multi-year product roadmap for integrating Disney streaming services into devices, and service offerings from TV, Internet and Mobile operators worldwide. In success, you would have stood up a team and a roadmap that ensures we reach customers via distribution partners, with a quality experience spanning marketing, sign-up, payment, sign-in, content discovery and viewing. Altogether this would result in material positive business impact, as measured in incremental subscribers and revenue.
- Connect partner product operations with global and regional Disney teams and help streamline partner lifecycle management across all teams in the company.
- Build and operate a suite of self-service tools to enable external distribution partners to rapidly bring a multitude of offers to market with our streaming products fully integrated into their devices, billing, payments, promotions and marketing.
- Ensure a consistent user experience by validating that product requirements are satisfied, primarily through automated and self-service workflows.
- Enable a centralized device source-of-truth, lifecycle management, and reporting systems.
- Implement a global partner and device lifecycle management system and leverage process automation for business rules and to monitor exceptions.
- You have led international product roadmaps at Director-level scope.
- You are experienced at negotiating global product requirements and integrations with partners.
- You are adept at user-centric and data-driven design and navigating trade-offs.
- You have knowledge of, and experience with, business process automation, data management, and Partner Lifecycle Management (PLM/CRM) implementation.
- You have worked with device or service providers to deliver integrated consumer experiences (B2B2C). Pay TV or Wireless/wired operator integration experience is a plus.
- You have collaborated effectively with engineering and have defined technical requirements.
- Ideally you have previously worked on streaming video, music, or entertainment products.
- Operational excellence in connecting partner products (launches, extensions, enhancements) with business operations (verticals: Disney+, Star+, ESPN+ and Hulu) across markets (in-country and regional commercial and marketing teams).
- Enterprise product builder
- Partner product integration
- Growth and commerce
- Consumer experience
- Device integration
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.