Director Product - Identity PlatformsApply NowApply Later Job ID 897460BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 28, 2022
The rapidly growing Consumer Identity team is seeking an experienced and passionate product leader. The Consumer Profiles and Identity team is responsible for identity creation and identity management experiences that power Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu and hundreds of other digital products across The Walt Disney Company.
You will be responsible for painting the long-term Identity vision for Disney customers, while also driving tactical needs and projects that move our experiences forward, unlocking business value. You are seen as a thought leader that the team and cross-functional partners seek for guidance, delivering a global experience that creates the new benchmark in the industry that others will look to emulate.
You will inform the direction and represent the Global Identity products used across The Walt Disney Company. You are a proven leader in Product Identity, tenacious in driving a vision that delights and unlocks the hidden values and increases business metrics. You lead by being authentic, looking at data to find truths, setting clear priorities and encouraging accountability. Collaborative skills come naturally allowing you to engage across the organization bringing stakeholders together.
- Define and deliver the ongoing product strategy for a global Identity product that reaches across all Disney experiences
- Be single minded in the delivery of experiences that balance the need to securely Identify users while being seamless, secure and simple
- Ensure Disney services provide a safe and secure experiences for users, delivering innovative ways for sign-up and authentication that remove barriers for all stakeholders
- Create the Northstar while factoring in user experiences, opportunities and solving business unit pains
- Translate long term goals into short term tactical features
- Collaborate with internal partners and stakeholders to delivery the vision and drive at continually moving the Identity strategy forward
- Capture and help solve stakeholders needs, fears, and directions from across the organization and distill them into a roadmap of winning features and products.
- Get lost in the data and research and emerge with best practice and identify new opportunities to support the ongoing vision and innovation in Identity
- Continue to build the global team of Identity product specialists, that others envy and lead them to success
- Define the team and organizational benchmarks that help inform the direction and set the standard by which you will measure success
- Don’t follow the crowd in the industry; innovation for the user is what drives you in setting the future for Identity at Disney
- High leadership EQ, looks to empower and support other leading to shared success
- Removes barriers to support the culture of share ownership balanced with accountability
- Subject matter expert in the field of Identity Product, Digital Identity or Authentication Products
- Strategic user-focused outlook gained from partnering with subject matter experts to form direction
- Examples of delivering Identity strategies and products used in market today
- Data and detail-oriented, but can translate into measurements and KPI’s
- In tune with working in a matrix environment and has proven success
- Highly technically competent, hands-on technical product background
- 5+ years product management experience at Director level in consumer-based organization
- 10+ years experience in leading a team of successful high achievers in continued deliver of complex products or services
- Launched Identity products in the past
- Leadership experience with cross-functional teams and driving the collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Seen as an industry thought leader
- Evidence of delivering customer-first product experiences
- Strong analytical abilities having previously relied on both qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions
- Proven experience in leading multiple initiatives with competing priorities, multiple external dependencies and disparate resourcing.
- Owned business outcomes and proven success in removing barriers to create a delivery accountable culture
- Leadership experience partnering to develop high performing Engineering teams
- Leadership experience communicating and working with technical and non-technical senior stakeholders across multiple business units to get things done
- Proven to have thrived in a fast paced, changing environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Superior communication skills to maintain effective relationships with all levels of personnel including executives
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.