Director Product Management, Experiences
New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 783974BR Location New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
Job Summary:DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting product and technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting, as well as market leading product innovations and internal and external integrations that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Director, Product Management, within the Ad Platform technology team at DMED, you will be a part of the team redefining TV advertising and extending our heritage in pioneering consumer-first advertising experiences. You will be responsible for leading a team of Product Managers to establish product vision, strategy and drive execution to establish the future of The Walt Disney Company’s advertising creative experiences. The right person for this role can bring both creativity and analytical prowess to identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and ultimately drive results. If you are someone who can drive strategy, create data driven experiences and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology while leading a team of highly motivated and effective product managers, at a fast pace, this is a great role for you.
- Develop, lead, and execute on a product vision, strategy, and plan for ad experiences formats, platform solutions and creative tooling
- Establish the vision for the advertising platform creative experiences, across all consumer brands in the DMED ecosystem
- Establish the product strategy for all in-stream and out-of-steam formats in the Disney streaming portfolio of brands
- Bring creativity and innovative thinking to disrupt the ad experiences market opportunity, extending our leadership position.
- Lead a team of product management group managers, experiences, tooling and platform needs
- Drive the advancement of our creative authoring tool set, aligning the greenhouse and creative works organization around common solutions
- Establishing roadmap, growth drivers and clear financial targets as part of long-range planning to maximize growth and drive business impact
- Drive commercialization inputs for product launches, partnership with the GTM teams to ensure clear definitions of success around product market fit
- Define clear business KPIs, key results, and product goals for the Ad Platforms organization across the experiences suite
- Evaluate and recommend investments to maximize impact of the product portfolio, inclusive of staffing, partnership and data needs
- Manage and motivate high-functioning group managers, establishing clear standards across the team for product specifications, backlog health, and consumable requirements for engineering partners
- Nurture the career development of a product management team by providing direction, feedback, and goal setting on a regular basis
- Partner with business development to define a strategic framework for the use of third-party technology solutions
- Partner with Platform Operations to assess and prioritize stakeholder needs
- Partner with Engineering to be able to architect and establish the effective and timely delivery of innovation.
- 10+ years of experience in product management, preferably in video & advertising technology.
- 5+ years of managing product teams
- Strong technical knowledge of client-technologies, specifically with experience in interactive video
- Demonstrated creative prowess and capability, or ability to effectively manage creatives and/or the creative thinking process.
- Maintains a deep empathy for our users, and wants to creatively solve problems with a viewer-first mentality
- Have a do what it takes attitude. Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first
- Experience shipping multiple products in an agile software development environment
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
- Previous experience working with campaign management and order management systems within Freewheel, Google Ad Manager, Operative, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.