Director, Product Management, Subscriber Activation
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 738972BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Job Summary:About The Team:
Subscriber Activation is a cross-functional team within the Product Management organization at Disney Streaming Services with a focus to drive engagement and retention of streaming subscribers. The team is results driven, data-informed and thoughtful. Members of the team are responsible for determining the set of behaviors that impact retention, implement KPIs to track progress, build the ability to reach subscribers and deliver programs that lift retention. Team initiatives span across subscriber onboarding, automation, upsell, win back, monetization and content engagement
We Offer a Rare Opportunity For Product Managers
- To manage products with the potential to impact users at a massive scale around the world
- Work on award-winning video applications, and the platform that powers them
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent benefits
- Develop the product vision, roadmap and launch automated messaging over email, push and emerging platforms at a global scale to drive subscriber growth through activation, engagement and reactivation
- Lead the strategy, ideation and evolution of the messaging platform to scale with our products and customers
- Lead and develop a team of Product Managers. Set clear goals, coach, and measure the success of desired outcomes
- Serve as the primary point of contact for automated engagement programs, and share regular updates across global technical and business teams
- Clearly articulate estimation and management of project budgets and cross-team resource allocation
- Partner with Data Science, Marketing Operations and Engineering to incorporate personalization into subscriber messaging
- Influence a cross-functional team across product, engineers, marketing, and business to scale the platform across the global enterprise for Disney+ and ESPN+
- Build for global scale, working closely with partners across EMEA, LatAm and/or APAC regions
- You have 7-10 years of experience in product management, with 3+ years in team management
- You have experience building and launching digital products in LatAm, EMEA, and/or APAC countries
- You think about the strategic international business goals of Disney and you work to ensure the teams invest toward those goals through a data-driven roadmap
- You create a structure under which innovation is possible, giving PMs the creative time needed to pursue new concepts and feedback to help concepts become prototypes, and prototypes become working code.
- You collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.
- You understand customers deeply, demonstrate high emotional intelligence and build for a global audience in mind
- You have led cross functional teams on high-impact, high-visibility products
- You speak and write clearly without being verbose across all communications. You distill complex problems into essential elements, and communicate across the team and executives effectively
- Prior experience with APIs, platform products and automation systems. Deep understanding of CRM, CDP and ETL across multiple data platforms and systems
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, private equity, or business operations at a tech company
Required EducationBA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Preferred EducationGraduate degree in a technical or analytical field a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.