Director, Self-Service SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 946547BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Director, Self Service Sales reports to VP of Sales, and is responsible for driving revenue growth through the Self Service Ad Platform; builds & maintains relationships w/clients & their agencies – drives demand with SMB, DTC and Independent agencies. This Director collaborates and drives market adoption with internal investment and category sales teams. This sales leader will be responsible for leading a sales team to meet and exceed revenue targets through the prospecting and onboarding of net-new incremental client & agency activation.
- Leads assigned Account Executives (mentorship, performance, day to day responsibilities)
- Helps define and implement strategic decisions (ex: how team is to be organized, account ownership, how to achieve Self Service AOP
- Plans, directs, and controls sales activities that drive demand and new-new activation
- Accountable for achieving defined sales targets for Self Service
- Proactively leads strategy, execution and success of platform revenue generation
- Work with Self Service VP to develop and execute on sales strategy
- Partner with DAS’s internal teams (Local, Performance, Independent Agency & Category, Ad Operations, Revenue Management, Business Operations and our segment partners, including ESPN, DMED Technology, Finance and others) to drive demand through the entire sales process
- Ensure we have a diverse team and a positive culture of inclusion
- Preferably 10+ years of direct selling experience in advertising sales with relevant sales experience in a media organization
- Experience leading through change with impact (demonstrated accountability to further the org by improving its existing culture)
- Experience in premium TV and addressable advertising sales, understanding and delivering direct and programmatic sales
- Experience with addressable television, as well as experience working with agencies focusing on new media
- Strong understanding of advanced advertising technologies
- A change leader with experience guiding new teams to deliver revenue
- Experience interfacing with executives, clients and agencies
- Experienced leader of data driven sales managing the sales cycle with advanced campaign measurement and attribution
- Effective Sales Leader w/established history of prospecting new clients, generating leads, closing sales
- Able to simply & compellingly present complex tech platforms to clients; lead brainstorming sessions as situations demand
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines; communicate effectively with a range of executives, department teams and clients
- Ability to perform at a high level even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with difficult or unexpected challenges
- Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible
- Able to work with data, technology, create solutions and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel based on business needs
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.