Director, Strategic Planning and AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 781734BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 29, 2021
As part of the Strategic Finance team, the Director, Strategic Planning and Analysis will help measure and drive profitable growth for our domestic and international Disney+ subscription businesses. The role will serve as advisor and sparring partner for our senior executives across the different business functions (Marketing, Operations, Business Development, Product). Responsibilities include deal modelling, financial business partnering and performance tracking for our strategic growth initiatives, , and the rollout and interpretation of a holistic and insightful KPI reporting landscape (in close collaboration with our Analytics team).
- Develop and evaluate business plans and deal models to size opportunities and risks and to ensure efficient allocation of our investment resources. Serve as sparring partner for our decision makers across the different regions and business functions, as well as for other Disney Finance and Analytics teams. Act as subject matter expert for subscriber economics and growth, and raise the bar how we analyze, project and optimize subscriber acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Establish a systematic process to track the performance of our growth initiatives. Identify key input metrics that drive results, monitor trends and variances to our forecast, and work with the business owners to identify opportunities to improve the performance and drive incremental growth.
- Develop and continuously improve a KPI reporting landscape that enables and ensures data-driven decision making. Collaborate closely with the Analytics team to democratize data through a scalable and robust data self-service infrastructure and a set of condensed executive reportings. Identify and interpret trends and variances, understand root causes, and communicate the findings to the operational decision-makers and executive management.
- Lead and develop a best-in-class team of Finance professionals with a strong strategic mindset, including direct oversight and professional development of the team members.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Finance, Strategic Planning or Analytics, ideally for a high-growth DTC business or customer-centric tech company
- Excellent analytical skills, able to develop and enhance a complex financial modelling and planning infrastructure
- Strong business understanding, allowing you to help develop and quantify strategies and tactics that drive incremental growth
- Experience in designing and implementing a reporting and data self-service infrastructure. You have worked closely with Data/Analytics professionals, and preferably have experience using BI solutions (based on Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy or similar) to get access to data and build/automate reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to synthesize detailed information into succinct and actionable recommendations in presentations for our senior executives
- Self-motivated, deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Collaborative mindset and ability to navigate and build trust in a complex organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics or Mathematics
- MBA, CFA or similar qualification preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.