Director, Systems Engineering Broadcast
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 797004BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 25, 2021
Job Summary:Broadcast Infrastructure is a group of talented individuals responsible for the initial phase of the DSS live ecosystem. Systems include large scale complex IT technology that perform signal processing and normalization of broadcast signals from acquisition through to the input of streaming encoders. These broadcast systems support baseband, IP, or hybrid workflows, and are located at DSS on-prem or cloud multimedia datacenters and partner locations around the world.
The Broadcast Infrastructure team is involved with the planning, procurement, design, development, installation, testing, evaluation, and life-cycle support for new and existing DSS broadcast systems. Broadcast Infrastructure consists of 4 primary teams: Design, Project Management, Systems, and Software. Each team provides a unique and valuable skill set to the organization.
The Director of Systems Engineering Broadcast is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own specialty. The candidate will adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Their decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan, and receives guidance from their manager. The candidate will also provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and internal customers. The team is responsible for lifecycle management and design of broadcast and related systems.
- Work/decisions do not require direction/review.
- Sets strategic issues for the organization in alignment with senior leaders.
- Decisions have high impact affecting other departments/clients or influence on operations
- Accountable for the effective communication of risk to the organization in business relevant terms.
- Ensures technology teams and other relevant compliance areas are aware of gaps or weaknesses.
- Directs the activities of the team to assist other teams with remediation. Works across TWDC segments to collaborate on cross coop initiatives.
- Thought leadership for methods to manage risk to acceptable levels in the organization
- Work involves supervising, through subordinate managers, of employees/contractors performing activities of multiple teams.
- Emphasis on planning/objective setting with peers in the broader organization and executive leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering OR 15+ years of professional Broadcast and/or IT related experience AND 10+ years managing multiple teams of professionals globally
- Comprehensive knowledge of video backhaul and distribution.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio and video issues over IP networks.
- Experience with managing video and audio routing switcher hardware globally. Industry knowledge of A/V signal flows, network topology and the OSI Model, Mac, Windows, and Linux/Unix operating systems, and audio and video broadcast systems (traditional and IP based).
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.