Director, Technical Account ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 580065BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 19, 2018
Job Summary:BAMTECH is seeking a Director on the Technical Account Management (TAM) team. The TAM team’s mission is to establish BAMTECH as a thought and innovation leader with strategic distribution partners for BAMTECH’s Direct to Consumer video streaming platform. This includes working with the top mobile, connected device, consumer electronics, and other distribution partners. The TAM team is responsible for establishing positive relationships with each third party to advocate for BAMTECH’s product and technology initiatives across a broad range of global distribution partners. The Director, Technical Account Management role will report to the Vice President, Technical Account Management.
A successful candidate will have a strong passion and extensive background in digital media and video (live and VOD) streaming solutions. Experience in managing cross functional teams in complex technology integration projects and knowledge of application development across multiple platforms is required. Equally important is a proven track record of establishing positive relationships with external third parties and internal product, technology, business, and executive stakeholders.
- Identify and lead proactive strategies to enable successful distribution partnerships
- Oversee and manage relationships with third party partners ensuring delivery of successful integrations and platform launches
- Establish strong relationships with global distribution partners to identify new capabilities, features, and requirements to provide implementation recommendations to internal business, product, and technology teams
- Educate and persuasively advocate for BAMTECH’s product, and technology interests to third party distribution partners
- Manage requirements identification and technical integrations with third party distribution partners necessary to align with business objectives
- Collaborate with internal product and technology stakeholders to identify challenges and blocking issues that require resolution with third party partners
- Collaborate with internal business development team to drive distribution deals to support product and technology goals
- At least 10 years experience in a technical account management, product/technical management role
- Extensive experience leading complex end-to-end technology integration launches for digital media and streaming video (live and VOD) solutions
- Extensive knowledge of live and VOD streaming video solutions for OTT and Direct to Consumer services
- Deep understanding of streaming media consumer electronics (CE) devices and platforms (e.g. Web, mobile, connected devices, living room devices, etc)
- Experience working with third party consumer electronics partners, technology partners, and platform distribution partners
- Superior customer relationship and account management skills including ability to influence/advocate BAMTECH’s product/technology initiatives and uncovering implementation requirements
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively through demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills including the ability to translate complex technology requirements into business impacts
- Analytical ability to dive deep into complex challenges, identify solutions, and provide recommendations to product, technology, business, and executive stakeholders
- Ability to uncover the true business objectives and technology requirements to drive towards successful launches with each distribution partner
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Preferred but not required: advanced technical or business degree (i.e. MBA)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.