Director, Virtual Production TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 905309BR Location New York, New York, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
This Virtual Production Technology leader will provide facilities management, vendor and financial tracking across volume and stage facilities.
- Manage all aspects of production technology engineering related to DTS initiatives and facilities designed to engage, educate and support studio employees and show based talent in advanced production technology capabilities.
- Provide engineering expertise, innovation ability to support executive and show-side talent.
- Collaborate with executives and creatives in the architecture of digital pipelines and production workflow.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement internal and external systems for use within division and on production projects.
- Identify opportunities within productions and across business units to improve performance.
- Partner closely with the Virtual Production team to establish overall facility and stage production requirements and processes.
- Provide consistent reporting to all groups regarding the status of tasks and costs against outstanding facilities projects.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the volume and stage as required, managing and solving day to day issues as they arise.
- Book and track contract services/accounts when needed i.e. Camera, Rigging, Grips, Construction, HVAC, Electric etc. and ensures incoming crews meet stage and Disney lot regulations.
- Liaison with the relevant departments within both ILM and Disney, ensuring the stage and all working space complies with health and safety legislation and fire safety regulations through review, inspection and effective record keeping.
- Keep up to date on changes to legislation, to provide advice the business and implement changes as necessary.
- Ensure Studio security policies are implemented with respect to use of information systems by Studio departments, production projects, and vendors.
- Drive creation and adoption of industry best practices and increase technology awareness of division management and production staff.
- Manage software integration and programming as needed to fulfill show and departmental needs.
- Support partner-based staff - including motion tracking camera engineers / operators and virtual production on-set staff.
- Oversee technical upkeep / solution development in DTS advanced production technology facilities.
- Research and develop new tools and options.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in VFX, Broadcast or similar digital production facility.
- Proficiency with real time workflows and virtual production technology is desirable.
- Broad base of hardware and software IT knowledge.
- Troubleshooting in a fast-paced, cutting-edge virtual production environment.
- Up to date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post production technologies.
- Solid understanding and practical experience of various media and post production technologies.
- Ability to understand and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.