Disney Streaming Services NHL Public Relations Intern, NYC-Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 725497BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Disney Streaming Services owns and operates the digital media rights of the National Hockey League. The DSS NHL Club Relations team is responsible for maintaining and managing the websites and apps for all 32 NHL teams, as well as shaping the digital content strategy. This intern will be joining a small, fast paced, creative and passionate team that is tasked with wearing many different hats at any given time, especially during the lead up to the start of a new NHL season. We’re looking for an individual who is driven, collaborative and detail orientated with a passion to learn and contribute to a crucial part of the relationship between Disney Streaming Services and the National Hockey League.
Responsibilities:As the DSS NHL Club Relations intern, you will be tasked with many exciting opportunities.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating club web and app requests in our content management system,
- Escalating platform issues, contributing to a monthly newsletter of best practices, assisting in preparations for the monthly club call
- Managing process documentation and record keeping
- Brainstorming new content strategies, entering data in a new instance of CRM and troubleshooting various web and app related issues
- Hockey fanatic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the team to achieve departmental goals
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with team members on new projects and ideas
- Web development experience
- Pages (Mac OS)
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Communications, Digital Media, Sports Marketing, Sports Management, Graphic Design, Computer Science or its equivalent.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability during Program Length (listed below)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 9th- August 21st, 2020
Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in New York City.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.