Disney Streaming Services Portfolio PM Intern-NY, Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 724736BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
- As a Portfolio Management Intern, you will be working directly with Portfolio Managers and various levels of leadership assisting with portfolio strategy, planning, and execution. You will be working as part of the Enterprise Portfolio Team which is tasked with process development and implementation across DSS. This is a key role in our evolving organization.
- Assist cross functional teams and leadership in identifying and documenting best practices in an evolving centralized Project Management Office team
- Collaborate with others to develop and implement portfolio strategy, processes, reporting, and analysis
- Perform validation of analytic processes and root-cause analysis to identify patterns, explain anomalies, drive next steps, and make recommendations based on data
- Operationalize new processes so that they can be maintained in an on-going and efficient manner
- Partner with Portfolio Managers and cross functional teams to lead and support special projects requirements
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Experience collecting, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Knowledge of process documentation (process flow charting)
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience implementing analytical processes
- Previous work experience in analytics team
- Prior experience with project, program, and / or portfolio management
- Familiarity working with confidential materials and information
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Ability to provide own housing and transportation.
- Position is located in New York.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.