Disney Streaming Services UX/UI Product Design Intern-NY, Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 723342BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 25, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Product Designers at Disney Streaming work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of
design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse
perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but we never settle.
Please apply and we will assess your skills with the area/role you are best suited for.
A Day in the Life…
Growth Product Team Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a smart and ambitious designer to support the two working on the Disney+ Growth product design team. Our ideal candidate will work closely with Senior Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and Engineers to help more people enjoy Disney+.
- Designing UI features
- Contributing to our design system
- Production on designs for development, competitive research, participating in design critique, observing research sessions or preparing design for stakeholder review.
International UX Design Team Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Product Design intern to join our International UX Design team. This is an opportunity to collaborate with the very best in design, product and technology to help shape industry-leading products used by millions across the world.
- Support the needs of the International UX Design team across a range of projects, from design systems to research and discovery as well as sit in on design critiques
- Work with Design, Product, Research, Engineering and Localization teams to understand the multi-disciplinary team process and responsibilities
- Take on a defined project during the course of the internship with specific goals and outcomes
What we are looking for…
Growth Product Team Qualifications:
- An inquisitive nature and eagerness to learn
- Strong sense of visual hierarchy, color and typography
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and knowledge for learning product design
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch or Figma or Adobe XD
- Basic understanding of responsive web design or mobile design
International UX Design Team Qualifications:
- A portfolio showcasing your toolkit and level of experience in product design best practices and methodologies
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong conceptual and design sense
- Awareness of a user-centered, data-driven design process
- Organized and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
- Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
Preferred Qualifications:Growth Product Team:
- Prototyping skills
- User research
International Design Team:
- Interest designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices
- Working knowledge of prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
- Working knowledge in HTML/CSS a plus
- Interest in emerging design trends and technologies
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science,Graphic Design degree program or similar
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability during Program Length (listed below)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 9th-August 21st, 2020
Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in New York City.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.