Display Media ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 774196BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Disney Streaming is a business unit within the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment at The Walt Disney Company, which oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s international operations and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including Disney+, ESPN+, and the upcoming general entertainment international offering Star. Our core mission is to deliver the unparalleled storytelling created by our renowned content partners across The Walt Disney Company to global audiences by giving them the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
- Partner with team associates to develop, improve, and optimize digital media strategies drive global subscriber acquisition, conversion & efficiency
- Successfully ideate media strategy and lead team to manage robust portfolio within existing digital media channels (i.e. display, native, video, audio, etc.), while exploring growth of new channels
- Lead optimization strategy and campaign strategy and structure for digital media campaigns to meet or exceed strict direct response goals
- Lead recommendation of budget optimization budget across digital media placements to deliver positive return on marketing spend
- Research, evaluate, and test new digital media opportunities that will move the business forward from a direct response perspective
- Oversee the development and evaluation publisher RFPs while effectively utilizing media research tools and resources to create strong media plan recommendations
- Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact paid media campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate cross-channel, with larger paid media team, to align on performance trends to ensure holistic team success
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- 4 years digital paid media & acquisition experience required; media agency experience preferred
- Direct response experience a must
- Expertise in Media Buying/Planning tools, Digital 3rd party servers, and verification partners (Prisma, DCM, Innovid, IAS, Kochava, etc.) required
- Hands-on keyboard executional experience in Google’s Display & Video 360 and/or Verizon Media DSP preferred
- Data and yield analysis skills (DMP) experience
- Global and international media planning/buying experience preferred, but not required
- Offline channel experience (i.e. digital OOH), a plus
- Ability to strategically assess new opportunities and make data driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.