Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Domestic Touring Intern, Disney Theatrical Group – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519820BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 02/02/2018
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
Disney Theatrical Group is seeking an intern for the Domestic Touring department. Because of the diverse scope of work in this department, the intern will have extensive opportunities to be directly exposed to all facets of the business of Broadway Touring, including marketing, business strategy, routing, contracting, ticketing & sales, and venue & vendor relations.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
There will be several key projects the intern will be responsible for overseeing throughout the summer in addition to day to day tasks, which include:
- Analyzing tour history (dates, venues, grosses, expenses, commissions)
- Creating market information pages, gathering seating charts and assisting on tour prep
- Maintaining historical data spreadsheets
Basic QualificationsWe’re looking for…
- Desire to learn about the business of theatre
- Motivated, hardworking and passionate
- Ability to follow directions and work under pressure.
- Ability to jump in and hit the ground running from day one, with a desire to be a contributing member of a diverse team
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with a particularly strong emphasis in Excel
Additional InformationProgram Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 29, 2018 through August 10, 2018.
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are located in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program, AND returning to school for at least one semester at the completion of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer