Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
DSS Digital Marketing Internship, New York – ESPN+ – Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 637340BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:We Are…
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life:
Duties include assistance in market analysis, media strategy, implementation of SEM, paid social, and programmatic display campaigns. In addition, interns work with other teams within the marketing organization to help drive collaboration and share learnings. Finally, interns will aide in ad hoc projects and overall group coordination.
- Support in the implementation of paid media strategies to drive subscriber acquisition, conversion & efficiency
- Partner with Analytics team to use real-time data, testing, and campaigns learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns
- Develop recommendations to drive new trials across the different channels
- Coordinate with creative teams to ensure delivery of new assets
- Track, monitor, and optimize performance against key KPIs
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Desire to learn about different paid media channels
- Deep interest in paid media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, Twitter SA360, DV360, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as Google Analytics
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Detail oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Experience in Digital advertising and client services
- Experience with DoubleClick suite (i.e. DoubleClick Search, DCM)
- Basic understanding of other media, e.g., radio, online, print, etc.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles, media history and advertising
- Enrolled as a freshman, sophmore, junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability during Program Length (listed below)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 10– August 16, 2019
Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in New York.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.