DSS Information Technology Security Analyst Intern - NY, Fall 2019
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675506BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/05/2019
Job Summary:A dedicated business unit within the DTCI segment, Disney Streaming Services oversees consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing, marketing, and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+, streaming service. The team works in close collaboration with the DTCI Technology team, who are responsible for linear and digital media products, advertising tech, consumer data platforms, and international broadcast operations. Disney Streaming also develops, markets, and operates the flagship NHL app and out-of-market package, NHL.TV, and through Bamtech Media, provides technology services for third-party partners.
They will assist with security control requirement assessments against internally and externally hosted solutions. Contribute with information security policies, risk frameworks and controls. Work with teams to understand information security best practices. Participate in security assessments, compliance audits, penetration scans and other pertinent security functions.
Candidate should be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Assist with security control requirement assessments against internally and externally hosted solutions. Contribute with information security policies, risk frameworks and controls.
- Work with teams to understand information security best practices.
- Participate in security assessments, compliance audits, penetration scans and other pertinent security functions.
- Work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, data packets, routing, and general networking concepts
- Familiarity with the internet, cloud, security risks and vulnerabilities, OWASP and mitigation concepts
- Strong awareness of the current business environment and impact that security incidents present
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Candidate should be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability during Program Length (listed below)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are September 2– November 22, 2019
Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in New York.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.