DSS Marketing Design Intern, NYC-Fall 2019
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 676058BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 04/06/2019
Job Summary:A dedicated business unit within the DTCI segment, Disney Streaming Services oversees consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing, marketing, and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+, streaming service. The team works in close collaboration with the DTCI Technology team, who are responsible for linear and digital media products, advertising tech, consumer data platforms, and international broadcast operations. Disney Streaming also develops, markets, and operates the flagship NHL app and out-of-market package, NHL.TV, and through Bamtech Media, provides technology services for third-party partners.
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We are looking for a Marketing Design Intern with experience in production art, web front-end design or similar skill set.
- This role helps support the needs of our Marketing Design team.
- Working closely with Creative and Art Directors, Project Managers and other Designers, you will have the opportunity to touch a range of projects
- Assisting with all things digital - including rich media displays, navigational panels and assisting with lifecycle email campaigns.
- Someone who is a stickler for consistency within brand and style guides
- Strong sense of visual hierarchy, color and typography
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Passion and knowledge of sports (professional and collegiate)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn, share ideas and collaborate with colleagues
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Interest in sports marketing
- Motion design or 3D knowledge a plus
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science,Graphic Design degree program or similar
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability during Program Length (listed below)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are September 2– November 22, 2019
Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in New York.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.