Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
DTCI Brand Marketing MBA Intern ESPN+, New York Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 675980BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Job Summary:We are...
The ESPN+ Brand Marketing Intern will assist the ESPN+ marketing team with the development, creation, delivery, and process management for branded marketing materials. Successful candidates will bring an analytical perspective to brand marketing, and demonstrate comfort taking ownership of projects and processes in a dynamic and evolving team.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
- Analyze and track the competitive marketplace for sports broadcasters and emerging sports streaming platforms, with a focus toward branded communications and brand positioning
- Develop and execute market research plans for key strategic segments
- Interface with Disney Streaming Services and ESPN marketing teams to evaluate performance of brand-specific marketing campaigns
- Assist with development and maintenance of brand style guides for distribution to internal and external partners
- Work with ESPN+ business unit to assist with development of brand marketing, event marketing, and sport-specific marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Acquisition and Lifecycle marketing teams to ensure ESPN+ brand consistency across consumer touchpoints
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role...
- Direct experience in a marketing function
- Process-oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with language, including written and verbal communications
- Basic understanding of digital communications and advertising channels and technologies
- Adaptable, can embrace both change and ambiguity while continuing to drive projects forward
- High degree of comfort and proficiency working with large data sets and building presentations for business leaders
- Self-starter with a bias toward collaborative problem-solving
- Media/Entertainment Industry Experience
- Sports Marketing Experience
- Marketing Agency / Marketing Platform Experience
- Previous competitive and market research experience
- Must currently be enrolled in an MBA program and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an MBA program.
- BA/BS with a strong GPA from a top-tier University
- MBA from a top-tier University
- Must be enrolled in an MBA program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR a Dec 2018 graduate of an MBA program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship while enrolled in an MBA program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The internship will start in September-November with flexibility as needed based on academic calendars. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be available Monday through Friday throughout the internship.
Housing & Transportation: This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.