Already applied?View Dashboard
E+ Senior Manager, Financial Forecasting and Long Range PlanningApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645399BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
DSS Finance is seeking a senior manager to develop/own the current year financial forecast and evolve existing long-range plans for ESPN+ from strategy to operational view with the availability of live data from the service. The long-range model is dynamic as both internal partnerships and external competitive factors change the scale and trajectory of the expected subscriber growth and resulting financial expectations. This candidate will be responsible for maintaining the current and future year financial models based on latest growth initiatives, subscriber data and market landscape. The ability to communicate the changes from baseline models/expectation to the evolving models from both a finance and business perspective is vital.
The current financial year model will include the development of a flash PL weekly which is driven off the weekly subscriber inputs at respective ARPUs from the subscriber acquisition team. Then the monthly reconciliation of actuals per the GL to the forecasts and flash financial statements is a key component of the role. Additionally, the coordination with DSS FPA is required to have an understanding of the variable cost structure as they are step function costs with both fixed and variable components.
Existing long range plans reflect price increases given assumptions of price elasticity and competitor information. Industry knowledge and models should reflect evolving external market dynamics that could impact long range plans.
- Develop detailed E+ current weekly PL flash reporting, monthly actuals and forecasts
- Develop LRP that incorporates both internal data and external pricing/market growth data
- Keep abreast of industry news and competitor information
- Partner with the colleagues across Disney’s DTC services to gather information to develop centralized understanding of KPIs
- Foundation in finance to develop current year forecast and long range plan
- Operational experience in DTC business in technology or finance teams
- Excellent modelling and analytical skills coupled with the ability to identify differences and their impact
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
- Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.