Already applied?View Dashboard
EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692850BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
- Write and revise proposals for new YA & Middle Grade fiction properties
- Acquire and edit 6 – 10 IP titles per year
- Present titles at sales conference and focus meetings
- Develop and maintain a strong list of agents and authors
- Develop and maintain relationships with entertainment partners within the Walt Disney Company
- 3 – 6 years experience in creating MG/YA fiction properties, with structural and line editing expertise
- Established relationships with literary agents; negotiation skills; experience in redlining contracts
- Experience managing books through the editorial/production process
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Passion for creativity and a proven understanding of plot and character
- Strong knowledge of the MG/YA marketplace
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Some travel may be required
- BA or equivalent in a related field of study
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.