Editorial AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736966BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
- Liaise with various Departments including Design, Marketing, Publicity, and Sales
- Prepare acquisition paperwork, including acquisitions memos and P&Ls; track paperwork for approved projects through the acquisitions process
- Set up acquired projects in title management system
- Draft fact sheets, catalog copy, bound galley copy, and jacket/cover copy
- Send stages of proofs to authors/illustrators for review
- Request ISBNs and maintain title system up-to-date
- Manage and process payments for titles; track payments and troubleshoot problems
- Order author/illustrator and agent complimentary copies of new releases
- Create and manage power point presentations as needed
- Participate in IP brainstorming meetings
- Assist in proposal development and book plotting
- On a case by case basis, meet and network with agents
- Proficiency in Office suite
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high-volume environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal & written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task successfully.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- High affinity in and knowledge of YA and middle grade fiction
- Design program knowledge a plus
- The ability to brainstorm new ideas with a large team
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.