Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Editorial Intern, Summer 2017Apply Now Job ID 427891BR Location New York, New York, United States Job Posting Company Marvel Job Posting Area Marvel Date posted 02/21/2017
ResponsibilitiesEditorial interns should be ready to scan papers to pdfs, transcribe notes, or read stories prior to their publication to ensure there are no continuity or spelling errors. The intern is an additional set of eyes for the book to pass under before going to the printer. Time management and task prioritization are also essential since editorial interns work with multiple editors. Interns are responsible for organizing their day and for seeking out places and times when their assistance is needed.
Basic QualificationsStudents of all years, majors, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. There are no creative qualifications. However, experience in narrative-based (published or performed) media is preferred, and editorial experience is desirable. Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite is a must.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.