Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Editorial Intern - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 531054BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 03/02/2018
ResponsibilitiesEditorial interns should be ready to scan papers to pdfs, transcribe notes, or read stories prior to their publication to ensure there are no continuity or spelling errors. The intern is an additional set of eyes for the book to pass under before going to the printer. Time management and task prioritization are also essential since editorial interns work with multiple editors. Interns are responsible for organizing their day and for seeking out places and times when their assistance is needed.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May/June through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Students of all years, majors, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. There are no creative qualifications. However, experience in narrative-based (published or performed) media is preferred, and editorial experience is desirable. Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite is a must.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Enrolled in College / University.
- Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program or Graduate Program (Masters Program) student status by arrival date
Company OverviewMarvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.