Editorial Producer, ABC News Longform (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 814442BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
This position is statused as a project hire.
- Intensive story development on variety of topics.
- Verbal and written outreach to variety of potential contributors and sources.
- Multitask multiple projects under deadline pressures and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrates impeccable communication skills and professionalism.
- Instinct for appropriate interaction with subjects in varying and challenging news circumstances
- Largescale management of multiples sources through conception of project to broadcast.
- Collaborate across multiple platforms and staff on various longterm projects.
- Ability to shift gears and prioritize needs for breaking news specials when need arises.
- Synthesize stories into pitch letters, story treatments and pitch decks.
- At least 5+ years booking and reporting stories for largescale news or documentary productions.
- Track record of sound journalistic ethics and basic knowledge media law
- Clear understanding of journalistic standards and practices
- Established resources and contacts across various industries.
- Effective communication skills is essential
Required EducationBA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.