Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Education & Audience Engagement Intern, Disney Theatrical Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732054BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jan. 03, 2020
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be part of something big…
DTG’s Education and Audience Engagement department is part of an extensive field of arts-education in New York City. The intern will learn the systems and pedagogies through which DTG achieves its education & engagement goals, and will gain an understanding of how educational programming is built to fulfill a mission of a theatrical organization. The intern will gain hands on experience in all of our educational programs (Disney Musicals in Schools, workshops, talkbacks, audience engagement initiatives, etc.), and will understand how and why a major commercial producer supports the community in this capacity.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Attending and directly supporting on the administration of the Disney Musicals In Schools New York City culminating event, school performance visits, and wrap-up archival and assessment projects.
- Creating an inventory and further organizing department assets and materials used in the administration, implementation, and documentation of its programs
- Supporting the program-wide Disney Musicals in Schools tracking and communications. Tasks may include the maintenance of the Disney Musicals in Schools website, resource updating, calendar-building and communication drafting.
- Shadowing and supporting the Teaching and Learning business by attending meetings, workshops, talkbacks and offsite audience engagement events.
- Contributing to printed and digital content (including engagement materials, applications, and teacher-facing materials) and assisting in standardizing the format and look of outward facing administrative and programmatic documents related to DTG’s education programs.
- Collaboratively working on the intern cohort’s culminating group project.
- Supporting the Senior Manager of Education & Audience Engagement on office-wide Accessibility efforts.
- Developing new initiatives and special projects alongside the Assistant Manager of Education and Department Assistant.
Basic Qualifications:You bring…
- Academic experience in Educational Theatre or a related field (Arts Education, Applied Theatre, Theatre for Young Audiences, Theatre, Education, etc.), OR transferable work or volunteer experience.
- An interest in a career in administering or leading educational programs and experiences for a cultural organization
- Exceptional organizational skills with an attention to detail
- A passionate commitment to arts education
- A collaborative spirit
- A self-starting personality
- An openness to interact with various stakeholders ages 10-100 in a friendly and professional manner
Additional Information:Program Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 26, 2020 through August 7, 2020.
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participation in the internship program.
A day in the life…
- Disney Theatrical Group has an open office environment. The noise level in the office varies from minimal to high depending on level of activity. Employees are welcome to utilize headphones.
- Interns will frequently collaborate in small groups, sometimes with executive leadership, in hands-on workshops, or on their final group presentation. These meetings are informal and facilitated by a member of the Education team, and you will be encouraged to ask questions and participate alongside your peers.
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- Interview: March, 2020
- Decisions Made: April 10, 2020
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.