Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Education & Audience Engagement Intern, Theatrical Group – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519823BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 02/01/2018
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Who we are…
DTG’s Education and Audience Engagement department is part of an extensive field of arts-education in New York City. The intern will learn the systems and pedagogies through which DTG achieves its education & engagement goals, and will gain an understanding of how educational programming is built to fulfill a mission of a theatrical organization. The intern will gain hands on experience in all of our educational programs (Disney Musicals in Schools, workshops, talkbacks, study guides, partnerships, content for the Disney’s Broadway JR. Collection, etc.), and will understand how and why a major commercial producer supports the community in this capacity.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Collaborating with the Education department in the execution of events, workshops, and additional summer projects
- Participating in the creation of new materials for Disney’s Broadway JR. Collection
- Creating an inventory and further organizing department assets used in the administration, implementation, and documentation of its programs
- Reviewing the data collected through surveys and reflections throughout the school year, looking for trends and organizing the information in a meaningful and useful way
- Working with the Education team on maintenance of the Disney Musicals in Schools website and Teaching Artist portal
- Contributing to printed and digital content (including engagement materials, applications, and assessment tools) and assisting in standardizing the format and look of outward facing administrative and programmatic documents related to DTG’s education programs
- Supporting the Assistant Manager of Education and the cohort of interns in the execution of the culminating group project
- Developing new initiatives and special projects alongside the Assistant Manager of Education
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
- Academic experience in Educational Theatre or a related field (Arts Education, Applied Theatre, Theatre for Young Audiences, Theatre, Education, etc.)
- An interest in a career in administering or leading educational programs and experiences for a cultural organization
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills
- Experience or education in lesson planning and childhood psychology
- A passionate commitment to arts education
- A collaborative spirit
- A self-starting personality
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 29, 2018 through August 10, 2018.
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program, AND returning to school for at least one semester at the completion of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer