Already applied?View Dashboard
Electrical EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 529251BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 03, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Engineer, Electrical plays an integral role on the Engineering Team of the Real Estate Operations department with respect to the following:
- The position provides a technical resource for Disney Operations in Utility and Utility control systems. The position objective is to design, develop, test/troubleshoot, document, program, and sustain automation and data reporting hardware (DDC controllers) and software for the Building Energy Management Systems throughout the New York properties. Equal emphasis is given to the campus power and emergency power systems that support facility and broadcast operations within the facilities on an uninterruptable power backbone.
- Have the ability to develop and interpret electrical, controls, and instrumentation drawings to support projects.
- Provide technical support to operating engineers, develop engineering documentation and historical reports, train the operation and maintenance teams and recommend design improvements.
- The engineer will work with Engineering Services group, other Facilities teams to provide a reliable infrastructure support in an engineering capacity. The project engineer will serve as a resource for electrical, mechanical, construction, acoustic, and other construction issues.
- Provide electricians with daily support. Determine preventive maintenance and corrective work priorities as it pertains to the electric system installations and electrical distribution system for the NY campus. Provide technical expertise, recommendations for action, and suggested priorities for the resolution of equipment to power sources. Resolve potential NEC violations, inefficiencies, down time, and failures.
- Develop and maintain electrical distribution plant drawings for all installations. Review all for accuracy, correct errors and make changes when needed during scheduled work, unscheduled work and Capital Projects.
- Oversee the testing and maintenance programs for the campus including emergency power tests and scheduling maintenance. Oversee associated safety programs including arc flash hazard analysis, equipment labeling and training programs.
- Provide support for Engineering Team as needed (i.e. working with vendors, municipalities, documentation for business unit projects, NEC compliance, LEED document support, etc.) Work in coordination with governmental agencies for applications and approvals (permits, reimbursement/refund requests, etc.) Meet with relevant agencies to facilitate approvals, as needed. Review drawings and project files (electronic and paper) maintain documented backup necessary for auditing purposes. Review drawings and project files (electronic and paper) maintain documented backup necessary for auditing purposes. Collaborate with project controls and Project Managers and Engineering managers on monthly cost reports, cash flows, and any other needed reporting as it pertains to Capital and Operating projects. Research and facilitate resolution of project issues in collaboration with Engineering Managers
- Review, report on and support the electrical requirements of any new system installation and technologies to assure optimal equipment selections for energy consumption, environmental opportunities, appropriate maintenance plans and projected costs.
- 3 years of experience with facility electrical power distribution, lighting, communications, and instrumentation equipment and systems survey and assessment experience for facilities
- 3 years of experience with electrical and/or HVAC systems including installation, repair, and troubleshooting or
- 3 years of experience within the handling complex infrastructure projects or
- 3 years of experience within a facilities organization
- Proven track record interacting with vendors, including architects, contractors, and manufacturers
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with achievements.
- Updates project reporting tools to enhance to cost tracking.
- Develop operational procedures and to provide opportunities for efficiencies within the engineering organization.
- Must be able to work in a client service orientation.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with client business units.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting construction documents and specifications
- Strong time management and organization skills. Possess the ability to multi task and prioritize work load with tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- SAP (a plus)
- Knowledge of local codes including building, electrical, life safety, fire • Knowledge of national codes and standards including OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, IEEE, NEC, ANSI
- Professional Engineer’s license
- BS in electrical engineering or related field that supports the electrical installations
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering
Additional Information:Must be available to work at a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends depending on the needs of the facilities.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.