Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Brand Marketing Internship, NYC – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738277BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
The ESPN Brand Marketing team and we are here to strengthen the ESPN brand through quality storytelling, innovation, audience expansion and by defining and driving the direct-to-consumer business.
Our brands include ESPN’s studio shows, headlined by SportsCenter and the historic This is SportsCenter campaign, ESPN Films and the award winning 30 for 30 brand, E:60 and all ESPN original storytelling, The ESPYs, and our industry leading Fantasy Sports business headlined by Fantasy Football and Tournament Challenge. Pop culture, music, and entertainment are integral pillars in our creative process as we extend these brands across linear, digital and social.
A Day in the Life:
- Support Brand Marketing team with the management of projects and ensuring deadlines are met
- Support team members with research of industry trends
- Proactive involvement in Brand team functions, including team and specific project meetings
- Collaborate with other groups within and outside the Marketing organization to help drive cross department learnings and uncover opportunities
What You Bring to the Role:
- Fundamental understanding of the ESPN portfolio
- Sports knowledge including both a fan and business perspective
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- The candidate must be a highly collaborative, highly organized, self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Detail oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of and interest in the evolving media landscape and media consumption habits
- Appreciation for industry trends, new technologies and unique storytelling
- Experience in Sports Marketing
- Candidate should have a healthy appreciation of popular culture and the role of sports in popular culture
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Google Products: Drive, Docs, Sheets
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks and the approximate dates are June 9 – August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and need to provide full availability throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in New York, NY. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.