ESPN+ Current Series, Associate Director of Development and ProductionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725810BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Dec. 06, 2019
The Associate Director will play a critical role in defining success for the production team, from developing targets to overseeing effective transitions into production. This position requires a strong collaborator with multifaceted experience in content integration, development, marketing, programming, media intelligence, research, and audience expansion.
- ESPN Current Series Responsibilities include:
- Provide narrative direction and focus to Original Series on ESPN+ and collaborate closely with external creative entities to define execution
- Provide management and oversight of creative development as projects transition from storylines into early episodes of production phase
- Oversee in-house creative development team and cultivate and maintain contacts with outside producers and storytellers, while seeking out opportunities for potential collaboration
- Work in conjunction with legal, business affairs, programming, and outside packagers to transition shows that have been picked up from development into current series
- Formulate distribution and rollout plans for multi-episode series by aligning with linear promotional opportunities, consistency, and / or relevancy
- Manage the piloting process and stress test new series ideas with key stakeholders across the company
- Leverage data and insights to align overall development direction and show-by-show specific creative with target audience, company-wide content goals, and product enhancements
- Analyze effectiveness of ESPN+ current slate and utilize that analysis to pinpoint areas of creative improvement season to season
- Work strategically to continuously reinvigorate current series
- Work with production to ensure that agreed-upon creative and terms are fully realized in production
- Help develop strategies around emerging Original Content priorities
- Track competitive content and assess impact on ESPN+ content plans
- Communicate project statuses across organization
- Leverage relationships and knowledge of the streaming landscape to drive innovative processes and useful insights
- Strategy Responsibilities (Programming, Marketing & Sales) Include:
- Contribute to high-level marketing strategy
- Collaborate with ESPN programming to strategize when content will be distributed based on delivery dates, integration opportunities and seasonality of sport
- Identify areas of organic content integration based on distribution
- Run company-wide cross-platform meetings to ensure up-to-date information throughout the division
- Communicate priorities, review and approve video and materialsIdentify areas of incremental sales opportunities
- 5+ years of broadcast experience on multiple platforms, as well as strong experience in creative development
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with various online content distribution platforms and developing new media outlets
- Strong communication skills and follow-through instincts, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates leadership on complex projects
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.