Event Services & Communications SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 839397BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
This role will be responsible for an array of event types while providing communications through various channels to internal business and stakeholders all which contribute directly to the success of the business. This position leads event support and includes oversight of all reservations, delivery of catering service where indicated by event planning partners, venue preparedness, and safety planning for all partners within our campus. This enthusiastic professional should be detailed oriented and results driven with expertise in building relationships with internal and external business partners supporting events to deliver and enhance the end user’s experience.
The position is also responsible for leading, in partnership with the Client Service Manager: F&B Operations supporting Events, Sustainability Initiatives, Corporate Communications, and other ad-hoc project management for the Corporate Real Estate Operations, Design & Delivery Team.
They will also have the opportunity to drive innovation and incorporate emerging industry trends into spaces and processes.
The ideal candidate should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service and possess strategic, analytical, interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
The Event & Communications Specialist will support the Corporate Real Estate Operations team and will directly report to the Manager, Client Service.
- Event Management
- Responsible for overall management of events including space reservations, catering, any audio/visual needs and managing all finances for each event
- Responsible for complete catering support of events including catering teams, special requests, food safety, cleanliness, compliance and other key performance indicators including soliciting feedback following each event for continued improvement
- Be the liaison and East Coast Operations point of contact for venues, special events, specialized programs, implementing and executing promotional announcements for business unit promotions and operations
- Ensure VIP events and meetings are managed with confidentiality and protection of the Company’s intellectual property in accordance with TWDC policies
- Guide trades assigned to venues in order to make sure that all space planning, setup and catering match the internal and external client’s requests
- Prepare and respond to any changes in the physical venue, attendance/occupancy, catering requests and other client needs
- Conduct on-site evaluations for events and venues for consistency, efficiency and process improvement
- Create standardized guidelines for events and production requests
- Implement the day-to-day communications activities for CRE
- Optimize all communication to ensure stakeholders within the New York campus and extended areas, if applicable, are engaged and informed
- Partner with food services staff for café promotions and marketing opportunities
- Minimum of 3 years plus experience in project/event planning, corporate communications capacity, and catering management
- Strong MS 365 Knowledge
- Must be proficient using Word Press, Power Point, Keynote and Photoshop. Experience with photo and video editing software/tools a plus.
Required EducationBachelor degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications or a minimum of five years equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.