Executive Assistant- FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 974082BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studios Content Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Disney Theatrical Group is seeking a highly organized individual to work as an Administrative Assistant for our Finance Department. This position will assist the Vice President, Finance, Technology & Operations as well as assist with processing accounts payable overflow. Individuals applying to this role must be able demonstrate their ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assignments on an ongoing basis, while demonstrating strong communication and interpersonal skills communicating cross-departmentally and with external partners. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible. Passion and/or interest in the business of theater is a big plus.
- Provide administrative and project support as required
- Maintain calendars and answer phones
- Arrange meetings/conferences/events
- Interface with executives throughout the Disney organization
- Make all travel arrangements and prepare T&E reports
- Handle internal and external correspondence for the department
- Liaise with internal and external contacts
- General duties: filing, copying, ordering supplies, and ad hoc projects as needed
- Support Finance & Accounting teams with data entry & ad hoc financial analysis projects
- Assist accounts payable - review and process invoices and purchase
- Conduct project-based economic research for Finance team
- Assist with project management of new initiatives in technology, finance and theater operations
- Owning and maintaining business intelligence databases
- Helping to facilitate the training and implementation of finance, travel, technology and operation initiatives
- 1-2 years’ experience providing administrative support to manager or executive-level positions
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Passion and/or interest in finance and the business of theater is a big plus.
- Work experience in entertainment/theater industry preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.