Executive AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746480BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
This position provides key administrative and sales support to the Vice President – Disney Ad Sales and a team of Account Executives. This role is responsible for day-to-day coordinating of internal and external events for the VP and teams, scheduling conference room meetings, booking varying travel arrangements, and overall cross-department collaboration within Disney Ad Sales to help facilitate fulfillment on departmental needs related to but not limited to marketing, ticketing, sales communications and purchasing. This role will also provide sales support to the VP and team through account research on category companies and their brands to best inform and updates account executives on overall news, media spend, and marketing campaigns. Additional support can involve ticket allocations, designing/editing sales materials, processing expenses and IT troubleshooting.
- Interface with employees for information, research, administrative materials, meetings, etc.
- Heavy telephone contact with internal and external contacts
- Order catering for internal and external meetings within offices and venues
- Process expense reports; book/coordinate travel for VP and other personnel as needed
- Prepare and type documents (presentations, itineraries, sales one sheets); administrative duties such as processing/tracking expenses
- Work on ticket requests for clients with ticketing team from initial request to fulfillment
- Management of administrative special projects as required
- Keep office updated via mass email on notices around HR, benefit announcements, building changes and unique opportunities company-wide
- Renew memberships and subscriptions
- Assists with specific projects/tasks as requested
Basic Qualifications:Work Experience Required
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience providing executive support to a senior executive and/or team of executives
• Experience organizing and maintaining the calendar of a busy executive
Skills & Abilities Required
• Advanced computer skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up confirmations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated telephone etiquette skills
• Ability to assume responsibility, function effectively in team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure
• Demonstrated proactive problem solving and follow-through skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate overtime as needed
- Mastery of SAP processing tools, including but not limited to Travel & Entertainment Proxy (T&E), Casual Buyer (Shopping Carts & AP Uploads for POs & invoice processing), Time Processor and Cost Center
- Experience working in a fast paced sales/marketing environment; some interest in the sales and marketing function
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.