Executive Director - Communications (Live with Kelly and Ryan)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 852638BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 01, 2021
- Lead unit publicity and spearhead meaningful press coverage across national and local media that elevates show content
- Create and implement a press strategy in partnership with the head of Comms/PR team that maps back to the show's objectives and maximizes coverage for the show.
- Actively pitch talent and show content to all traditional and digital platforms, leveraging the popularity of the show and its beloved hosts.
- Act as day to day contact for all press and work closely with Disney-related departments, including research, affiliate marketing, social media, and integrated marketing on promotional efforts to elevate the show in the media.
- Oversee publicity/production coordinator, specifically with regard to day-to-day episodic publicity efforts.
- Work with Disney-ABC to facilitate synergy requests for the show.
- Work closely with affilitate marketing and key affiliates, pitching local story angles and assisting with editorial needs.
- Coordinate approvals and facilitate fulfillment of clip requests from outside entities.
- Work with talent and production teams, and coordinate with the hosts’ personal PR teams on press coverage, both show-related and personal.
- Identify segments that will drive attention and write/distribute and oversee writing and distribution of all bi-weekly listings, weekly guest release, daily items, pitch letters, ratings releases, media alerts, and other materials that help inform the press about upcoming segments, special themed shows as well as breaking news.
- Partner with marketing department in creating BTS content and sizzle reels for distribution to press
- Manage crisis PR as needed in partnership with head of Comms team, and maintain strong relationships with trade press
- Organize set visits and cover photo shoots on set as needed
- Compile all press hits on a weekly basis
- Act as point person for all photo needs – retaining the services of daily photographers, handling photo selects and approvals and maintain the “Live” episodic photo archives.
- Develop radio and digital giveaways as needed and handle VIP ticket requests for the show including meet & greets with the hosts.
- Work with show production team and DGE to identify awards opportunities and provide guidance on submission clips and assets
- Minimum of 7 years in entertainment publicity at a network, studio or agency
- Solid relationships with media across all platforms – print press, digital media, blog writers, etc. and a working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional media
- Excellent organizational, strategic and writing skills
- Passionate self starter who can work on their own but has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple partners and stakeholders
- General understanding of social media – ability to leverage/create a viral press/pop culture moment
- in collaboration with social/digital teams as needed
- Strong work ethic and ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- College degree, preferably in communications, journalism or a related field
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.