Executive Director Development, Integrated Content Strategy - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 865552BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 24, 2021
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives on non-fiction storytelling and embraces unconventional thinking. We are seeking an experienced news and multiplatform executive for this position, who will represent ABC News in the support of all aspects of culturally diverse non-fiction development and distribution. This person will collaborate internally with editorial partners across the news division and with content studios across all segments of The Walt Disney Company and outside partners. The Executive Director will play a critical role in the overall strategic approach for original programming for ABC News.
This role reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content Strategy.
- Execute on the development strategy as defined by the SVP, Integrated Content Strategy to develop and distribute unique and compelling culturally diverse non-fiction/news content for the ABC Network, Disney owned platforms, and third party partners
- Track, solicit, evaluate, procure, and develop culturally diverse non-fiction/news multi-platform programming from pitch to pilot
- Create pitch packages (including decks and sizzles) and present to internal and external partners
- Generate new show ideas/concepts and field pitches from inside and outside producers, talent agencies, studios and independent production companies
- Partner with Executive Editorial Producer and broader Integrated Content Strategy team to develop content strategy and original concepts
- Collaborate with Audience Insights, Marketing and other internal departments to generate audience performance data and custom research in support of audience development goals across all show and platforms and new initiatives.
- Work closely with BA and production teams on deal strategy and production matters
- Secure new and unique partnerships in collaboration with production team & Identify IP (including books and formats) for the division to option and develop
- Work closely with the SVP, Integrated Content Strategy to implement creative and audience development strategy in all capacities
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.