Executive Director, Engagement MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 959201BR Location New York, New York, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 14, 2022
This global role will oversee the development, measurement, and optimization of multi-channel journeys across all phases of the subscriber lifecycle. You also oversee the performance as our organic (email & mobile) and paid channels to engage with existing subscribers.
As such, you will lead the engagement marketing team’s efforts around audience segmentation, personalization, and analysis. This executive will partner closely with the Customer Acquisition, Product Development, Data and Engineering teams, along with business and regional leadership in EMEA, LATAM and APAC to craft a holistic view of the subscriber journey and participate in knowledge sharing initiatives with all the regions.
- Develop strategies and tactics for driving subscriber relationships, subscriptions, and lifetime value for Disney+, ESPN+ and the Bundle.
- Partner with Data Science & Analytics to determine key leading drivers for retention, identify audience targets key to subscription growth and inform segmentation strategies.
- Own end-to-end experience for current subscribers, from conception to launch to analysis, with a goal of building loyalty and retention throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Oversee all subscriber communications throughout the consumer journey (form onboarding, to engagement, at-risk, and winback)
- Create, execute, and continually optimize a data-informed testing plan. Forecast, measure and report on results of marketing efforts assessing results against specific metrics and size opportunities for scale
- Partner with the Marketing Operations team to identify and build strategies to use new technologies, platforms, and channels to reach and engage our audiences.
- Partner with the Product Marketing team to unlock engagement marketing use cases supporting retention and loyalty.
- Collaborate with brand leads and creative strategy to maintain a seamless brand voice and messaging
- Minimum of 10 years of retention marketing experience in lifecycle programs, segmentation and automation strategy. Subscription business model and/or retail organization experience is a plus.
- Highly analytically and data-driven with the ability to surface meaningful insights from large data sets
- Agile and fluid marketer with test and learn mentality to rapidly iterate on findings.
- Results-oriented with a proven record of performing against aggressive growth targets
- Strong ability to build roadmaps, assess priorities and multi-task
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures, as well as data and content management systems
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Direct-to-consumer subscription and/or streaming product experience a plus
- Braze and/or SFMC experience a plus
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.