Executive Director, Production Management (ABC News Longform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784289BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content, ABC News Date posted Apr. 19, 2021
- Act as a production management executive across all projects in ABC News Longform, directly managing complex productions and ensuring network creative, technical and business goals are upheld.
- Manages production managers and line producers to oversee all production modelling, scheduling, budget development and management for projects on all platforms.
- Oversees Production Managers and Line Producers assigned to specific projects.
- Coordinates with Executive Producer and Senior Manager, Production Staffing to develop a staffing model for each project and to manage staff as they are onboarded
- Coordinates closely with Edit Operations and Delivery teams to ensure project specifications for each delivery platform are met and schedules and budgets are adhered to.
- Coordinates closely with Finance team on project development and expense tracking.
- Builds or updates production handbooks and communicates requirements to all creative and production teams
- Manages union obligations that are triggered by production and works closely with labor counsel to ensure compliance
- Communicates with risk management, insurance and tax compliance teams to ensure all projects are in compliance
- Coordinates closely with Finance team to ensure transparency of budgets
- Minimum of 12 years of production management experience, including experience as a line producer or executive producer
- Expertise in production models
- Expertise in production methods and the latest production technology
- Expertise in production rates and schedules
- Experience working across a diverse set of project types
- Experience managing a team of production managers and line producers
- Experience with labor unions and compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function in both a quick turn news environment and a longer term documentary production environment
- Calm under pressure and a willingness to be flexible to determine how best to work with different production teams
- Experience in a production company or studio
- Experience in a network production management or exec producer capacity preferred
- Understanding of different distribution platforms
- A passion for non-fiction content, with both a news and documentary focus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.