Executive Editor, Disney Publishing-The Undefeated ImprintApply NowApply Later Job ID 770109BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Work with Publisher and Director, Editorial to plan and manage The Undefeated-specific portions of DPW's overall Editorial Plan
- Develop and acquire book projects throughout the year, a mix of adult and kids titles, for The Undefeated imprint
- Oversee production schedules, list planning, and sales meeting planning, liaise with sales, marketing, and publicity
- Manage workload, assignments, and responsibilities for designated editorial team
- Research and apply industry knowledge to ideation of new products
- Collaborate with the design team on covers and overall package for each project.
- Report to Director, Editorial on acquisition decisions for strategic alignment across the adult and kids list and the editorial development of projects
- Develop, nurture, and maintain new and ongoing relationships with authors, artists, agents, and industry professionals.
- Work closely with sales reps and key accounts to position titles at launch meetings, sales conferences, lead title meetings, special sales meetings, and more
- Manage and supervise budget for scheduled pub programs and products
- Attend 2-4 weekend conferences (often including a national librarian or teachers' convention) per year, and represent the imprint at various other industry events
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- 8+ years of publishing experience that demonstrates increasing editorial responsibility.
- Strong acquisitions, proven sales record, keen understanding of the marketplace, and innovative product development skills in the adult and children's book categories
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills and strong knowledge of The Undefeated brand and mission
- Ability to take overall responsibility for concept, content, and author and illustrator/photographer relationships including: seeing new titles through all stages of editing; managing schedules; collaborating with design and production
- Bachelor's degree
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.