Executive EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 774948BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
The executive editor will be involved in key talent portfolio planning and long-term revenue growth strategy, and will be responsible for maintaining creative brand excellence standards for the imprint. The executive editor will have strong relationships with agents and help communicate Hyperion’s acquisition strategy and editorial vision to external partners.
Within The Walt Disney Company, the executive editor will work across publishing departments, including design, production, sales, marketing, publicity, business affairs, finance, and legal, to plan and execute title and imprint goals. The executive editor will also create and maintain publishing partnerships across various lines of business within TWDC.
- Oversee publishing titles and new business development for their respective brands across TWDC; partner with internal and external media and other creative institutions (museums, theaters, etc.) where authors are actively creating new content; oversee agent relationships; acquire, edit, and package new front list books and series as well as curate the backlist libraries; collaborate with sales, marketing, and publicity to keep the brands relevant and fresh for new audiences; drive year-over-year revenue growth for the publishing portfolios.
- Identify, acquire, and oversee up and coming authors / illustrators with family-entertainment appeal to grow and support the core Hyperion business.
- Work with executive staff /publisher to define Hyperion's mission within the company and to build its reputation as a preeminent publisher in the marketplace.
- Conceive, build, and acquire strategic publishing programs within the Hyperion portfolio that elevate and accelerate our content creation abilities.
- Represent the imprint at industry events, conferences, and during internal/external presentations.
- Manage editor, associate editor and editorial assistant.
- 8+ years of children’s publishing experience that demonstrates increasing editorial responsibility.
- Exceptional acquisitions, proven sales record, keen understanding of the marketplace, and innovative product development skills in the children's book categories
- Exceptional knowledge of the children’s book industry
- Ability to take overall responsibility for concept, content, and author and illustrator/photographer relationships including: seeing new titles through all stages of editing; managing schedules; collaborating with design and production
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.