Executive Producer, ABC News StudiosApply NowApply Later Job ID 7122524720220519 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC News Studios is charged with producing narrative non-fiction multi-part series, documentaries, and specials for Hulu, ABC Network, Disney+ and National Geographic. We are seeking an Executive Producer to work closely with both our Senior Executive Producer, ABC News Studios and Head of ABC News Studios to provide creative oversight and management of staff across an extensive portfolio of projects.
The creative leader in this position will have a passion for narrative storytelling with experience rooted in journalism. They will have a track record of producing or overseeing buzzworthy stories related to true crime, investigations, pop culture, and docu-series and are not afraid to go outside the box to find the next big thing. They will have a clear vision of what characters and world’s audiences want to get to know and explore. This person will appreciate the differences between content that works on linear platforms vs. SVOD and understand the metrics of success on each.
ABC News Studios both produces content internally and commissions content to be produced by best-in-class production companies around the world. The person in this position must be adept at managing both scenarios. This person will be responsible for working with internal staff to develop original ideas, set production models and production staffing, and oversee creative teams through the production process. This person will also be expected to have and develop relationships with production companies around the world, identify the best ideas, and provide creative oversight for their work on behalf of ABC News Studios.
A critical aspect of this role is fostering a culture of creativity, ambition, teamwork and empathy. As such, this person will be charged with managing a team of creative executives, setting clear goals for them, and working to develop the careers of the next generation of creative leaders at ABC News Studios.
- Work with Senior Executive Producer and the Head of ABC News Studios to develop and communicate ABC News Studios content strategy to staff, distribution partners, and production partners
- Collaborate with creative executives to develop a robust pipeline of new projects for production and distribution across Disney platforms
- Build relationships with the best production companies around the world to ensure ABC News Studios is a preferred production and distribution partner
- Manage a team of creative executives and production staff
- Foster a culture of creative excellence, teamwork, collaboration and empathy
- Identify opportunities to develop and mentor junior level production staff
- Work with Production Management team to develop production plans and staffing structures that enable projects to be produced on time and on budget
- Closely track performance metrics across platforms
- Collaborate with teams across ABC News to generate original IP
- 12+ years prior longform producing experience in non-fiction production
- Ability to develop and communicates clear creative vision across a portfolio of projects in collaboration with the Senior EP and the Head of ABC News Studios
- Provides creative direction and oversight for individual projects
- Ability to oversee internally produced projects and third party production companies
- Understanding of the economics of television and ability to interpret and influence production schedules and budgets
- Ability to clearly articulate feedback on project ideas and treatments and take a good idea and make it great
- Experience overseeing field work and edit rooms
- Impeccable editorial judgment and journalistic integrity
- Track record of managing exceptional teams and developing producing talent
- Innovative risk taker who can balance journalistic rigor with entertaining stories
- Experience executive producing programs and overseeing third party production companies
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.