Executive Producer, Race Culture & Inclusion (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10031532 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Dec. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC News is hiring an Executive Producer, Race Culture & Inclusion to lead the network’s continuing efforts to produce creative and award winning multicultural content and inclusive storytelling that is reflective of the communities we serve. The EP will produce at least five annual diversity specials that air on the ABC network, while also partnering with all shows and platforms to develop additional content aimed at strengthening our brand with diverse audiences, consumers and viewers. He/She/They will report to the Senior Vice President, Race Culture & Inclusion.
- Serve as the editorial and production leader of ABC’s award winning diversity specials, which requires gathering production support from across the news division, managing relationships with studio & field production teams, overseeing production timeline, managing high profile bookings, working with graphics, marketing and PR, bringing projects in on budget and more
- Partner with other Executive Producers to create multicultural content for all ABC News shows and platform, both within a daily breaking news environment and as part of long form storytelling strategy
- Under the direction of the SVP, coordinates the work of the Race, Culture & Inclusion senior producers, a group of journalists who are embedded with our network shows and platforms and are committed to telling stories of underrepresented and unseen communities
- Using the insights gained by ABC News Research team, identify storytelling opportunities that are compelling and relevant to diverse audiences
- Collaborate with other Executive Producers, Race & Culture seniors and newsgathering teams to ensure there is a pitch process that supports and advances the work of the Race, Culture & Inclusion reporting effort
- A leadership approach that fosters collaboration, innovation and inclusion
- 8+ years of production experience, preferably within a fast paced news environment and with a deep understanding of best journalism practices
- Experience overseeing field work and edit rooms and providing creative direction and oversight for collaborative projects
- Proven storyteller with innovative approaches to multicultural programming initiatives
- Communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
- Driven self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $258,100 - $354,860 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.