Executive Producer, Special Events - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10038484 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jan. 13, 2023
ABC News is looking for a collaborative, resourceful and creative Executive Producer to partner with and report to the Senior Executive Producer of Special Events. In this position, you will be involved with planning and producing all major news events for ABC News, from the daily unexpected events that warrant interrupting network programming to large scale planned events. The successful candidate will have the knowledge of what it takes to lead a diverse team in high pressure situations, consistently maintaining the highest ethics in news gathering and production.
What You Will Do
- This position will collaborate with, and report to, the Senior EP of Special Events. The successful candidate will help manage the large team across the network in producing instant special reports as well as planning and producing all major news events for the network.
- This position will take the lead in producing the instant daily special reports that warrant interrupting network programming. The role will support the senior executive producer on all major planned special events.
- In this role, you will help manage extensive newsgathering teams in coverage of large-scale events, coordinating closely with nearly every department in the network, including editorial teams, show staff, field production, engineering, scenic, lighting, marketing, public relations, digital, new media, and guest bookings.
- In this role, you will be expected to proactively identify problems and provide solutions.
- You will coordinate live shots on site and manage field teams from the control room.
- In this role, you will be expected to conduct venue surveys online and in person, summarizing findings in detailed memos and presentations distributed to decision makers.
- This position will also liaise with the network’s editorial leaders, technical and production staff, as well as with outside contractors.
What You Bring
- This position requires proven stellar news judgement and a strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics.
- Must be a strong competitor who successfully balances aggressive coverage with thoughtfulness and care in reporting breaking stories.
- Ability to perform well under pressure. Candidate must have the expertise and collaborative skills to work with all platforms that happen to be on duty when news breaks.
- You must have solid editorial background with proven track record overseeing and creating innovative editorial content while efficiently managing finances and resources.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the disparate network entities outside of the News division, which may, at times, have conflicting priorities with those of the news division. Groups includes Daytime, Primetime, Sports, Affiliate Relations, Owned stations, Network Sales, Marketing, Promotion.
- Candidate must have proven control room skills which includes the ability to communicate effectively with technical team as well as production staff, anchors and correspondents while operating under extreme deadlines and with the ability to make split second decisions.
- Candidate must have deep understanding of graphic production and video production including concept and design to on-air implementation.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
- Willing to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching.
- A “can-do” positive attitude.
- The role requires being on call 24/7/365.
- This position is not remote.
- Must have the ability to travel and on short notice.
- 10+ years of television production experience
- 3+ years of experience in a news leadership capacity
- Bachelor’s degree and previous management experience preferred.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $ 258,100 to $ 354,860 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.